By Woman and Home published
For a bright pavlova recipe that will make the perfect pink pud, give this summer berry pavlova a go. It’s an easy meringue based dessert that will please all you guests, whether it’s a summer barbecue or posh dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER BERRY PAVLOVA
- Preheat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, 300 F, gas 2. Put the egg whites into a large bowl. With an electric hand whisk, beat until stiff. Now add the sugar, a little at a time, whisking until stiff and glossy. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the meringue won’t move.
- Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar. Then use a little meringue to stick down some parchment paper on to a baking sheet. Using a spatula, dollop on the meringue into a circle, and make a dip in the centre.
- Dip a skewer into the pink colouring to make a colourful marble effect, and swirl it into the meringue.
- Put into the oven, turn the oven down to 130 C, 110 C fan, 250 F, gas ½ and bake for 45 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the meringue to cool inside for a few hours with the door closed.
- When you’re ready to fill the meringue, spoon over the cream, add the berries and dust with icing sugar. The meringue will sit happily in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours – it won’t be quite as crisp, but it will still taste fantastic.
- 4 large, free range egg whites
- 220g (8oz) white caster sugar
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- pink food colouring
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream, lightly whipped
- 400g (14oz) mixed summer berries
- icing sugar, to serve
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Princess Eugenie's podcast—new project revealed as Prince Andrew chaos continues
Princess Eugenie's podcast series is in collaboration with her charity, The Anti-Slavery Collective, and co-hosted by Julia de Boinville
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Kate Middleton and Prince William could move to Windsor to be closer to the Queen
Kate Middleton and Prince William could move to Windsor, with their three children, in order to be closer to Her Majesty the Queen
By Sarah Finley • Published
This video of Will Smith dancing with his 85-year-old mom to Whitney Houston is the best thing you’ll see all day
Will Smith shared a sweet video celebrating his mother’s birthday
By Anna Rahmanan • Published