For a bright pavlova recipe that will make the perfect pink pud, give this summer berry pavlova a go. It’s an easy meringue based dessert that will please all you guests, whether it’s a summer barbecue or posh dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE SUMMER BERRY PAVLOVA
- Preheat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, 300 F, gas 2. Put the egg whites into a large bowl. With an electric hand whisk, beat until stiff. Now add the sugar, a little at a time, whisking until stiff and glossy. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the meringue won’t move.
- Whisk in the cornflour and vinegar. Then use a little meringue to stick down some parchment paper on to a baking sheet. Using a spatula, dollop on the meringue into a circle, and make a dip in the centre.
- Dip a skewer into the pink colouring to make a colourful marble effect, and swirl it into the meringue.
- Put into the oven, turn the oven down to 130 C, 110 C fan, 250 F, gas ½ and bake for 45 minutes. Then turn off the oven and leave the meringue to cool inside for a few hours with the door closed.
- When you’re ready to fill the meringue, spoon over the cream, add the berries and dust with icing sugar. The meringue will sit happily in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours – it won’t be quite as crisp, but it will still taste fantastic.
- 4 large, free range egg whites
- 220g (8oz) white caster sugar
- 2tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- pink food colouring
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream, lightly whipped
- 400g (14oz) mixed summer berries
- icing sugar, to serve
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •