What’s more classically British than a lovely trifle recipe? Whether you’re hosting a special occasion, need a pudding to take to a barbecue or just want something tasty to serve up for the family this weekend this spring dessert recipe is just the ticket.
Plus, if you’re worried about serving up a heavy dessert and are looking for something a bit healthier, this trifle uses ricotta cheese to make it that bit lighter.
It’s a great way to make the most of the strawberry season from May too. Adding a splash of framboise to the mix really ramps up that brilliant strawberry taste too and make a wonderful combination when the sponge fingers soak up those lovely juices.
This recipe serves up to 10 people and can be prepped in advance so it’s a great one to make up if you’re entertaining and want something you know everyone will love!
HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY AND RICOTTA TRIFLE
- 650g (1lb 7oz) strawberries, hulled
- 5tbsp framboise liqueur
- 100g (4oz) sponge fingers
- 500g (1lb 2oz) ricotta cheese
- 5tbsp icing sugar
- 2tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 50g (2oz) toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
you will need
- 1.7-litre (3pt) trifle dish
- Whizz 250g (9oz) of the strawberries to a purée then stir in the framboise liqueur. Lay the sponge fingers in the bottom of the trifle bowl, and pour over the purée. Slice the remaining strawberries and place on top.
- Whizz up the ricotta with the icing sugar and vanilla then spoon over the strawberries. Let it chill for 4 hours but even better if you can leave it overnight in the fridge. Scatter over the hazelnuts to serve.
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off on Amazon
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings tout a laundry list of bragging rights — here's why they belong in your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released for a younger audience
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released with a new lovely message for her younger audience
By Laura Harman •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •