Punchy chorizo and sweet peppers come together here to make a delicious, and deceptively healthy, Spanish inspired pasta dish with a rich tomato sauce. This recipe is amazingly simple and you can have it from chopping board to table in just 20 minutes, so what are you waiting for? Chorizo has a great shelf life, so it’s worth keeping a ring of it in the fridge for days when you need a quick, flavoursome supper. This is so easy to cook, as you can simmer everything in the pan while you are waiting for the pasta to cook. Frying chorizo releases a delicious slick of orange, smokey oil that adds such a depth to the tomato sauce. A handful of olives and a sprinkling of parsley give this dish a fresh finish with a deep flash of green. While this is perhaps at its most delicious eaten straight out of the pan after mixing the pasta into the sauce, it also tastes great when the sauce has thickened and cooled as an exciting lunchtime pasta salad.
- 200g (7oz) pasta bows
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g (5oz) chorizo sausage, chopped
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 75g (3oz) Spanish green olives stuffed with peppers, sliced
- small handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for 10 mins until just tender.
- Meanwhile, fry the onion in the olive oil with the chorizo for 2-3 mins. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for 5 mins. Stir in the sherry vinegar and season.
- Drain the pasta and tip into the tomato mixture. Stir well to coat and scatter the olives and parsley over the top. Serve warm or cold.
Menopause and the brain: turns out, it's not so bad
A new study that examines how menopause affects the brain has garnered a lot of attention
By Danielle Valente •
Tina Fey transformed into Dolly Parton for a Girls5eva guest appearance
Tina Fey didn't plan on landing the role of Dolly Parton, but Covid restrictions meant the real Dolly was unavailable
By Rylee Johnston •
The Morning Show is coming back. And here's what we learned from the trailer
The Morning Show is gearing up for its second season this fall and a new trailer just dropped.
By Danielle Valente •