We love this recipe as a starter for a dinner party - its exciting, delicious and and cleanses the palette for the main course to come. What's more, you are treated with three different flavours which will keep your guests on their toes! Each shot is a tastebud teaser in itself but what is so special about this recipe is that all three shots work beautifully together and are great alone without any accompaniment. You'll find yourself making these time and time again!
- Whizz the chopped tomatoes, celery, cayenne pepper, sweet smoked paprika and caster sugar, Worcestershire and horseradish sauce, a squeeze of lemon and vodka in a blender. Serve with celery dunked in paprika, sea salt and pepper.
For the white gazpacho soup shots
- Whizz the blanched almonds, breadcrumbs and garlic clove in a blender. Add the cucumber, peeled and chopped, a handful of white grapes, 3tbsp sherry vinegar and 100ml olive oil, then whizz again. Add 100ml water. Serve with a drizzle of oil, grapes and toasted flaked almonds.
For the guacamole soup shots
- Peel and dice the avocado and put into a blender with the juice of a lime, spring onion, a large handful of coriander and a pinch of chilli powder. Whizz until smooth and add 100ml buttermilk and 110ml water. Serve with a slice of cherry tomato and a sprig of coriander.
- For the Bloody Mary shoup shots (makes 8):
- 150g chopped tomatoes
- 1 celery stick, chopped, plus extra to serve
- a pinch each of cayenne pepper, sweet smoked paprika and caster sugar
- 1tsp each Worcestershire and horseradish sauce
- a squeeze of lemon
- 75ml vodka
- For the white gazpacho (makes 6):
- 50g blanched almonds, plus flaked almonds to serve
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- cucumber, peeled and chopped
- a handful of white grapes, plus extra to serve
- 3tbsp sherry vinegar
- 100ml olive oil
- For the guacamole soup shots (makes 8):
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 spring onion
- large handful of coriander, plus extra to serve
- pinch of chilli powder
- 100ml buttermilk
- handful cherry tomatoes, to serve