This brilliant slow cooker recipe is a fabulous recipe to try this week for something really full of flavour that feels extra special.
HOW TO MAKE LORRAINE PASCALE'S ASIAN PULLED PORK
For the Asian pulled pork:
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp mild or hot chilli powder
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4cm piece of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3kg boneless pork shoulder, rind removed
For the spicy slaw:
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1⁄2 red cabbage, very finely sliced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 2 red chillies, deseeded for less heat if preferred, finely chopped
- Large handful of fresh coriander leaves (optional)
- 10-12 sesame seed buns, split open and toasted
- Place the soy sauce, chilli powder, five spice, sugar, garlic and ginger in a large slow cooker and mix together well to give a sloppy paste. Sit the pork shoulder in and getting your hands in, massage the spice mixture well all over the pork. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 8–10 hours, or until the meat is so tender you can shred it with a fork.
- Close to serving time, make the slaw. Mix the sesame oil and soy sauce together in a large bowl. Toss the cabbage, onion, carrot, chilli and coriander, if using, through until well mixed. Season to taste with pepper.
- Once the pork is ready, shred it with a fork and serve. It is delicious piled into toasted sesame buns with the spicy slaw. If you would like to serve it with a sauce, then bubble the cooking juices in a large wide pan on a high heat for 10–15 minutes until reduced and thickened slightly. Season to taste with pepper.
Shop your summer wardrobe for less with woman&home vouchers
All the deals you need for some seriously savvy shopping!
By WomanAndHome Staff •
Oprah reveals the surprising reason she can’t be Lilibet’s godmother
Oprah was the original frontrunner to be Lilibet's godmother, but it looks like the legendary talk show host wants Harry and Meghan to remove her as a candidate
By Emma Dooney •
This is the reason that Kate Middleton and Prince William could be spending more time in Scotland
The royal couple spent time in the country this week
By Sarah Finley •