For a dinner party dish that’s extra light but still full of lovely flavours, why not try this delicious salmon recipe this week?
Served in a white wine and butter sauce with prawns, leeks and spinach, there’s a whole host of lovely fishy flavours in this dish that is super good for you thanks to all of the omega-3 fatty acids in the salmon and prawns, plus the vitamins you get from the veg.
HOW TO MAKE SALMON WITH PRAWNS, LEEKS AND SPINACH IN A WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE
- 2 leeks
- 150g (5oz) butter
- 6 salmon fillets, roughly 150g (5oz) each
- 30 raw king prawns
- 6tbsp white wine
- 300g (10oz) spinach
- chopped dill, to scatter
you will need
- 6 large squares of foil
- Heat the oven to 220 C, 200 C fan, 425 F, gas 7.
- Thinly slice the leeks and divide between the squares of foil. Top with a knob of butter, then lay a salmon fillet over the top.
- Scatter each parcel with 5 prawns, season and top with another knob of butter and 1tbsp white wine. Wrap the edges of the foil up tightly to form a parcel, leaving a generous pocket of air so the fish can steam.
- Cook the fish in the oven for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and add the spinach, tossing frequently until it has just wilted.
- Remove from the heat and add some butter and seasoning.
- When the fish is cooked, serve on a plate with the spinach, leeks and prawns, and drizzle over the juices from the parcels with a scattering of dill.
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Kate Middleton dressed up in a VERY surprising pop star outfit on her hen do
Kate Middleton's hen do outfit was worlds away from the regal looks we see her in now
By Caitlin Elliott • Published
Best Valentine's Day Movies to watch this February 14
Here is our list of best romantic movies to enjoy this Valentine's Day, from rom-coms to period dramas there's something for everyone
By Laura Harman • Published
Chinese New Year 2022—Year of the Water Tiger and the lunar celebration explained
Chinese New Year 2022 welcomes in the Year of the Water Tiger—here's everything to know about the celebration and its lunar connections
By Aoife Hanna • Published