- 150g (5oz) butter
- squeeze lemon juice
- 4tsp Pernod or Ricard
- 150 to 200g (5 to 7oz) peeled cooked shrimps
- 2tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 100g (4oz) plain flour, seasoned
- 4 x 150g (5oz) halibut fillets, or you could use turbot
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 400g (14oz) Jersey Royal potatoes, cooked
- 400g (14oz) broad beans, sugar snap peas and mangetout to serve
Melt the butter in a small saucepan, add the lemon juice, Pernod, shrimps and capers and bubble for 2 to 3 minutes. Season to taste.
Put the seasoned flour onto a plate and roll the halibut in it until it is well coated. Shake off the excess flour.
Heat the olive oil, add the halibut (skin side down) and pan fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden on both sides.
To serve, put a halibut fillet on each plate, top with the shrimp and caper sauce and serve with buttered Jersey royals and vegetables.