- 700ml very strong black coffee
- 1tbsp Camp Coffee essence
- 2 x 250g packets Morning Coffee biscuits
- 125g dark chocolate, grated
- For the coffee butter cream
- 150g (5oz) softened unsalted butter
- 250g (9oz) icing sugar, sifted
- 1tbsp instant coffee granules mixed with 3tbsp hot water, cooled
- 3tbsp Tia Maria or Kahlua
- For the mascarpone cream
- 250g (9oz) mascarpone
- 150ml double cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- dark chocolate curls, to decorate
To make the butter cream, put the butter in a mixer and beat on slow until smooth. Beat in the icing sugar. Mix in the instant coffee and 1 tablespoon of the liqueur.
Mix together the remaining liqueur, the coffee and coffee essence in a shallow dish. Dip one biscuit at a time into this mixture and lay on a serving dish until you have a base of 8 biscuits, 4 long by 2 wide. Sprinkle a little
Spread on a thin layer of butter cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate. Dip the next 8 biscuits in the coffee and continue to build up the layers until you have 10 layers, ending with soaked biscuits. Chill for at least 2 hours.
Beat the mascarpone until smooth, add the cream and vanilla and beat into soft peaks.
Spread the mascarpone cream over the top and sides and decorate with chocolate curls.