Rack of lamb feels so special that it makes the perfect Easter recipe (opens in new tab) if you're entertaining. With garlic, herbs and sundried tomato paste, this lamb recipe (opens in new tab) is full of flavour to boot.
HOW TO MAKE RACK OF LAMB WITH A GARLIC AND HERB CRUST SERVED WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE, POLENTA AND GRIDDLED ASPARAGUS
- 3 racks of lamb containing at least 6 cutlets each, chined
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 85g (3oz) breadcrumbs made from sundried tomato foccacia
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs (marjoram, basil and parsley), to garnish
for the red pepper sauce
- a 400g can of pimentos, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream
for the polenta
- a 500g block of pre-cooked polenta, drained
- 4tbsp olive oil
for the griddled asparagus
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1lb) medium asparagus spears, trimmed, halved and blanched
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, 425 F, gas 7. Trim the excess fat from the lamb and smear with sundried tomato paste. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and cook the racks of lamb individually until golden all over. Transfer to a roasting tin.
- n a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic and herbs and press the mixture on to the fatty side of the meat. Roast the lamb for 25 minutes if you like it rare, 35 minutes if you like it medium rare, and 45 minutes for well done. Cover with foil and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, to make the red pepper sauce, roughly chop the pimentos, tip them into a pan with the onions and cream and slowly bring to the boil. Blend in a food processor until smooth, then tip back into the pan ready to reheat before serving.
- Halve the polenta, then cut each half into 5 thin slices. Cut these in half diagonally so you have 20 triangles and season. Heat the griddle with half the oil and cook the triangles for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to a roasting tin, cover with foil and keep warm in the preheated oven while cooking the remaining polenta and asparagus.
- To cook the asparagus, brush the griddle with the oil and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- To serve, place 2 triangles of polenta and a handful of asparagus on each plate then top with 3 lamb cutlets. Pour the red pepper sauce around the cutlets and season.
Easter biscuits recipe
Use our simple Easter biscuits recipe to make fun, spring time sweet treats to share with friends and family
By Rosie Conroy • Published
Easter carrot cake recipe
Our Easter carrot cake recipe makes a four-layered cake packed with fruit, nuts, and coconut. We think this might just be the best carrot cake ever!
By Jane Curran • Published
Lamb Koftas with Green Sauce
Levantine food is very much in fashion right now and these lamb koftas with green sauce are a delicious light dinner
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game and hatred for squirrels couldn’t be more *her*
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game is very unique and her fellow guests would never have known it was happening…
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Queen goes off-script to reveal ‘dinner party’ plans in unusually candid moment in Scotland
The Queen stopped to make casual conversation with the public during her visit to Scotland for Royal Week, a resurfaced video has shown
By Emma Dooney • Last updated
Kate Middleton and Prince William's awkward upset over 'no Easter presents' from Harry and Meghan
Prince Harry claims that Kate Middleton and Prince William were upset over an awkward Easter present moment
By Caitlin Elliott • Published