HOW TO MAKE RACK OF LAMB WITH A GARLIC AND HERB CRUST SERVED WITH RED PEPPER SAUCE, POLENTA AND GRIDDLED ASPARAGUS
- 3 racks of lamb containing at least 6 cutlets each, chined
- 2tbsp sundried tomato paste
- 55g (2oz) butter
- 85g (3oz) breadcrumbs made from sundried tomato foccacia
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3tbsp chopped mixed fresh herbs (marjoram, basil and parsley), to garnish
for the red pepper sauce
- a 400g can of pimentos, drained
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream
for the polenta
- a 500g block of pre-cooked polenta, drained
- 4tbsp olive oil
for the griddled asparagus
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 450g (1lb) medium asparagus spears, trimmed, halved and blanched
- Preheat the oven to 220 C, 425 F, gas 7. Trim the excess fat from the lamb and smear with sundried tomato paste. Heat the butter in a large frying pan and cook the racks of lamb individually until golden all over. Transfer to a roasting tin.
- n a bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, garlic and herbs and press the mixture on to the fatty side of the meat. Roast the lamb for 25 minutes if you like it rare, 35 minutes if you like it medium rare, and 45 minutes for well done. Cover with foil and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, to make the red pepper sauce, roughly chop the pimentos, tip them into a pan with the onions and cream and slowly bring to the boil. Blend in a food processor until smooth, then tip back into the pan ready to reheat before serving.
- Halve the polenta, then cut each half into 5 thin slices. Cut these in half diagonally so you have 20 triangles and season. Heat the griddle with half the oil and cook the triangles for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, adding more oil as necessary. Transfer to a roasting tin, cover with foil and keep warm in the preheated oven while cooking the remaining polenta and asparagus.
- To cook the asparagus, brush the griddle with the oil and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness.
- To serve, place 2 triangles of polenta and a handful of asparagus on each plate then top with 3 lamb cutlets. Pour the red pepper sauce around the cutlets and season.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
This TikTok hack promises to help you fall asleep in TWO minutes
Another TikTok trend has gone viral and we can see why!
By Lucy Gornall • Published
Prince Andrew was mistaken for an intruder at Buckingham Palace during evening stroll
Prince Andrew's garden walk was interrupted by two suspicious police officers
By Emma Dooney • Published
Venus in retrograde 2022—How will it affect your love life, depending on your star sign
Venus in retrograde 2022 presents rare conjunction and the push you need to transform your love and sex life—but time is running out
By Stephanie Campos-Powell • Published