This pea and mint soup comes with a handful of crispy bacon and crumbled goats’ cheese on top. It’s a great, healthy lunch and tasty minty twist on a classic pea soup recipe.
The best thing about this soup is that on top of being delicious, it is so quick to make – so you can have your new favourite soup ready on the table in just 15 minutes! Just boil the frozen peas and mint leaves together, and boil them into a smooth purée. Season to taste, and to top it all off, add a dollop of crème fraîche into the serving bowls and decorate with a mint leaf. For a vegetarian option, serve the soup with crumbled goats cheese instead of bacon.
Looking for more cooking inspiration? We have plenty of other delicious soup recipes.
HOW TO MAKE PEA AND MINT SOUP
- Put 1.5kg frozen peas and 1 large bunch fresh mint into a large pan and add 1 litre boiling water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 3 minutes. Strain off most of the liquor and retain it, then blend the peas and mint until you have a smooth purée.
- Gradually add some of the liquor back into the pan until you achieve the desired consistency.
- Return to the pan and gently bring back to the boil. Season to taste. When ready to serve, swirl 1tsp crème fraîche into each bowl of soup and add a mint leaf. Serve the soup with crispy bacon or crumbled goats' cheese over the top.
- 1.5kg frozen peas
- large bunch fresh mint
- 4tsp creme fraiche
- 8 rashers crispy bacon, grilled until crispy
- handful goats' cheese, crumbled
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Aldi's Jo Malone dupe candles are back and £300 cheaper than the designer brand
Aldi's Jo Malone dupe candles are coming back into store—here's how you can get your hands on them
By Laura Harman •
Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special 2021—the confirmed contestants, air date and all we know so far
The Strictly Come Dancing Christmas Special 2021 has finally been confirmed—but who’s joining the line-up?
By Emma Shacklock •
Kate Middleton’s favorite dress brand Self Portrait has an amazing early sale that’s too good to miss
The whimsical designs are the perfect pick-me-up ahead of the holidays
By Lydia Swinscoe •