1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Chop each beetroot into 6 wedges. Place in a baking tray drizzle with 1tbsp oil and balsamic and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 40 minutes until tender.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and saute the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further minute before stirring in the spinach and cooking for 4 minutes until tender.
3. Place the pasta in a pan of boiling water and cook for 3 minutes until al dente. Meanwhile heat the ricotta slightly in a saucepan until just warmed through.
4. Drain the pasta, cut each sheet into four and working quickly lay a sheet of pasta on each plate, spoon over a little ricotta, pesto, beetroot and the spinach mixture. Top with a little ricotta, some mint leaves and scatter with the cheese shavings to serve.
- 750g (1lb 10oz) fresh beetroot, peeled
- 2 tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g (4oz) spinach
- 4 large fresh lasagne sheets
- 300g (10oz) ricotta
- 4 tbsp fresh pesto
- 2 tbsp mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Vegetarian parmesan style cheese – We used Bookhams Vegetarian Pasat cheese
Top Tip for making Open Beetroot, Ricotta & Mint Ravioli
When cooking for vegetarians you can be caught out easily by simple ingredients - pesto for instance is made with parmesan which contains calf rennet. Many pestos available are suitable for vegetarians so just check the ingredients list
This is the beauty treatment responsible for Jennifer Aniston's fabulous complexion
Jennifer Aniston's microcurrent facials come with a whole list of anti-ageing credentials
By Fiona Embleton •
John Travolta pays tribute to his late son in a heartwarming birthday message
John Travolta has sent birthday wishes to his late son Jett, who passed away in a tragic accident in 2009
By Emma Dooney •
Queen returns to royal duties four days after Prince Philip’s death for this important reason
Her Majesty is in royal mourning for the Duke of Edinburgh
By Emma Shacklock •