By Jane Curran
Mozzarella, anchovy and artichoke flatbreads are a quick and easy sharing bread that has so much flavour. Anchovies add a salty kick to these cheesy flatbreads that works so well. The results are so much better than a takeaway, and much lighter too! Once you've made these mozzarella, anchovy and artichoke flatbreads you can try experimenting with other toppings. Why not try using olives, fresh tomatoes, mozzarella and basil, or if you fancy, a controversial cheese, ham and pineapple! These flatbreads are so easy to make, but are such crowd pleasers. If you aren't sure about anchovies, don't be put off! They really melt in the mouth and add so much flavour. Once you've bought a jar or tin, you can use the rest of the anchovies to blend in to pasta sauces or salad dressings. They really take your recipes to the next level! If you're looking for a dinner party starter, simple side dish, or something to pack up for a picnic, then give these mozzarella, anchovy and artichoke flatbreads a go - you won't be disappointed!
- Heat the oven to 220C, gas 7. Slice the mozzarella. Put the flatbreads onto 2 baking sheets and brush them with the olive oil. Tear the balls of mozzarella and divide between them. Top with the artichokes, the anchovies and the dried oregano. Season with sea salt and pepper, then bake in the oven for 10-15 mins or until golden and crispy at the edges. Scatter over the lemon zest and oregano leaves. Serve immediately.
- 2 x 150g balls buffalo mozzarella
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 flatbreads
- 1 x 280g jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 50g can anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained
- 1tsp dried oregano
- zest of a lemon
- fresh oregano leaves, to serve (optional)
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •