- 100g dark chocolate, plus extra to decorate
- 150g caster sugar
- 200g caramel
- 75g Biscoff biscuits, crushed
- 2 large egg yolks
- 50g caster sugar
- 390ml double cream, plus an extra 1½ tbsp
- a little melted chocolate, to serve
You will need:
- 900g loaf tin
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, then set aside. Make a sugar syrup by gently dissolving 130ml water with 125g of the sugar in a small heavy-based saucepan. While still hot, divide the syrup into 3 equal parts. Set aside one portion in a small jug. Mix another portion with the melted chocolate along with ½tbsp of the syrup from the remaining portion. Stir until smooth. Add the rest of the syrup to a small jug with 100g of the caramel and ½tsp sea salt and mix together and set aside to cool.
- Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg yolks with the remaining 25g sugar until pale and creamy. Weigh the mixture and divide equally between 3 bowls. In one of the bowls, gently mix in the chocolate mixture until combined. In another, gently add the caramel mixture and in the last bowl, carefully fold in the syrup and crushed biscuits.
- Whip three sets of 130ml cream to soft peaks, one at a time, and fold each measure of cream into each of the three bowls until combined, folding in 1-1 ½tbsp extra double cream to the chocolate mixture to make all the textures even.
- Spread the chocolate layer into the base of the tin first followed by the biscuit layer, drizzle over the remaining 100g caramel, then gently pour over the caramel mixture. Freeze overnight.
- To serve, scoop and drizzle with the melted chocolate.
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
The White Company's Egyptian Cotton bedding is 20% off in the Black Friday sale
The White Company's bestselling bedding is currently 20% off in the Black Friday sales thanks to the huge discounts on the 'white weekend'
By Laura Harman •
Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow used to create Amal Clooney's wedding look in unmissable 40% off Black Friday Deal
Charlotte Tilbury eyeshadow used to create Amal Clooney's wedding look is in a bundle that promises to make your eyes pop
By Aoife Hanna •
When is it going to snow in the UK this year and where is it confirmed?
Snow in the UK is looming as the recent mild autumn gives way to wintery conditions...
By Emma Shacklock •