- 12 leeks, trimmed, washed and cut into 10cm lengths
- For the vinaigrette:
- 8 springs of mint
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2tbsp non-pareille capers
- zest and juice of 2 lemons (about 70ml juice)
- 50g can anchovy fillets in olive oil, drained
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
To make the vinaigrette, finely chop the mint stalks and reserve the smallest leaves for later. Mix the stalks with the garlic, capers, lemon zest and juice. Finely chop the anchovies but reserve 3 or 4 for later. Whisk in the oil, a little at a time. You won’t need to add any salt.
Steam the leeks until just tender, around 5-10 minutes, put on a serving dish and pour over the vinaigrette while they are still hot. Leave to cool to room temperature then add the whole anchovies, scatter over the mint leaves and serve.