By Rosie Conroy
Making a laksa has been known to take a long time. We’ve given ourselves a shortcut by adding to a readymade paste for the perfect combination of convenience and comfort food. Topping our laksa recipe is the perfect soft-boiled egg. To get your egg to the same done-ness add them to rapidly boiling water, reduce the water to a simmer and cook for 6mins before running under cold water to cool the shells down slightly, and peeling. If you like your laksa hot you can add extra chilli to the stock in step one. Be warned though, boiling chilli will make the most of its spice, so a little goes a long way. Once you’ve mastered your basic laksa recipe you can have fun experimenting with your favourite toppings. Try swapping the shellfish stock and prawns for chicken stock and meat, or you could even make it veggie. We like to keep things fresh and crunchy for a vegetarian laksa, so throw the veg in at the very last minute until just cooked through and don’t forget to swap the stock!
- Fry the laksa paste in a large pan for 2 mins until fragrant, then add the stock, coconut milk, garlic, lemongrass, ginger and half the spring onion. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 mins to reduce.
- Add the prawns, noodles, beansprouts and lime juice. Bring to the boil, then simmer for a few mins until the noodles and prawns are cooked.
- Serve with half an egg per portion, the remaining spring onions, coriander leaves, and red chilli.
- 185g jar laksa paste
- 1ltr fish or shellfish stock
- 2 x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, split lengthways and bashed
- Thumb size piece ginger, grated
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 225g raw king prawns
- 250g flat rice noodles
- 200g beansprouts
- Juice of a lime
- 2 boiled eggs
- Bunch coriander
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
Top Tip for making Malaysian Laksa with Prawns
We used Waitrose’s Cooks’ Ingredients laksa paste
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •