By Jules Mercer
This herby vegetable frittata is a great way to use up any leftover vegetables you’ve got in the fridge. We’ve used courgettes, red onion, red pepper and new potatoes but leeks, tomatoes and even broccoli would taste great.
Serving the vegetable frittata with a simple green salad and some shavings of Parmesan makes for a lovely light and healthy mid-week dinner. It’s brilliant for entertaining and takes no time at all to whip together.
In fact, you could cut the vegetable frittata into slices and serve it as part of a buffet or party spread. It packs a tasty vegetable punch and would also be a welcome addition to any lunch box. If you’re fed up of the same old sarnies, you really need to give this a go.
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- 2 courgettes, cut into 3cm chunks
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into 3cm chunks
- 500g new potatoes, sliced into 5mm rounds
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 10 free-range eggs
- 100ml double cream
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 4tbsp each chopped mint, parsley and tarragon
- 2tbsp grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Put the vegetables and potatoes on a roasting tray, toss through the oil, and season well with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 mins until just charred and cooked through.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the cream and feta. Put a 30cm ovenproof frying pan on a medium heat and add the roasted vegetables. Once they are sizzling, stir through the chopped herbs and the egg mixture.
- Stir a few times to spread the vegetables around the pan, then turn the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 mins. Move the frying pan to the oven and bake for 15-18 mins. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with grated Parmesan and a green salad.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •