If you’re after a quick week night dinner idea and a low calorie recipe that’s great for when you’re trying to be healthy, try this prawn and noodle dish for a great way to fill up this week.
What’s more, this dish is all thrown together in one pan, making it really easy to make and clear up. It cooks up in just 25 minutes too, so it’s great if you’re in a hurry to serve up something delicious.
Prawns are a great source of protein and there are also plenty of veggies in this dish too. Red peppers are a great source of vitamin C, while carrots are rich in vitamin A – making this dish super healthy as well as tasty.
Ginger and chilli give this dish a bit of a kick too, so it will warm you up in the evening.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY PRAWN NOODLE BOWL
- Add the stock, ginger, chillies and soy sauce to a large saucepan, and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and add the carrot, pepper and prawns, then heat for a few minutes or until cooked through. Add the spring onions and noodles to the pan and heat through. To serve, season to taste and stir in the coriander. This dish is best served on the day that you make it.
- 1 litre (1¾pt) chicken or vegetable stock
- 5cm (2in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1-2tsp crushed chillies (depending on taste)
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 1 large carrot (around 150g/5oz), thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 200g (7oz) raw king prawns
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 300g (10oz) straight-to-wok udon noodles
- 1 large handful coriander, roughly chopped
Top Tip for making Healthy Prawn Noodle Bowl
You can also make this dish with chicken and can add all sorts of different vegetables - it's a really good way to use up any leftovers from the fridge.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •