By Jane Curran
This lamb burger can be made in the kitchen or on the BBQ and comes with a hearty kick of spices.
Lamb can be a little on the fatty side so it works well with lots of flavours like harissa, mint and cumin - and the cooling mozzarella topping is the perfect balance of flavours.
- 1-2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 500g minced lamb
- 1tbsp harissa paste
- 1tsp dried mint
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 250g balls mozzarella
- 4 burger buns
- Slices of red onion
- Sliced tomatoes
- Heat a little of the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and cook for 5 mins until softened then remove from the heat.
- Mix together the lamb mince, harissa, mint, cumin and cooked onion in a bowl. Season. Form into 4 burgers and chill for 15 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan or griddle pan over a medium heat. Cook the burgers for 5-6 mins on each side until nicely browned and cooked through. (To barbecue, sear on the hottest part of the grill on both sides then move to the side to cook through.)
- Split each mozzarella ball in half, top each burger and leave to melt while on the heat for a few mins. Allow them to rest for a few mins.
- Toast the cut side of the buns on the griddle or barbecue. Layer the rocket, onions and tomato, topped with burgers.
- Serve with chilli mayo or mustard.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Harness the spiritual energy of summer solstice 2021 with this manifestation technique
The summer solstice 2021 is almost upon us, so how can we make the most of the longest day of the year?
By Emma Shacklock •
Oprah Winfrey reveals the surprising reason she can’t be Lilibet’s godmother
Oprah was the original front runner to be Lilibet's godmother, but it looks like the legendary talk show host wants Harry and Meghan to remove her as a candidate
By Emma Dooney •
Prince William can ‘no longer hide’ his anger at Meghan Markle for disrespecting the Queen
Prince William was reportedly ‘angry’ about Meghan Markle’s behavior for over a year
By Emma Shacklock •