- 75g (3oz) butter/margarine
- 100g (4oz) golden syrup
- 100g (4oz) demerara sugar
- 75ml (3fl oz) orange juice
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla
- 150g (5oz) jumbo oats
- 100g (4oz) desiccated coconut
- 200g (7oz) mixed fruit, nuts & seeds (this can be bought as a pack or use a mix of whatever you have)
Preheat the oven to 160C/ Fan 140C/Gas 3. Grease a 30x20cm tin with a little butter.
Place the butter, golden syrup, demerara sugar, and orange juice in a pan. Bring to the boil then remove from the heat.
Combine the oats, desiccated coconut, and mixed fruit, nuts & seeds. Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour into the prepared tin and press down with the back of a spoon. Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden.
Remove from the oven and set aside to cool in the tin for 5-10 mins then while still warm cut into 10 bars. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Top Tip for making Granola Bars
These are good enough to cut into squares and eat as an afternoon treat.