- 150g (5oz) good-quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 4 free-range eggs
- 4tsp espresso coffee powder dissolved in 1tsp hot water
- 150ml (¼pt) double cream
- 3tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 3tbsp Frangelico (hazelnut liqueur)
- hazelnuts and melted chocolate, to decorate (optional)
- you will need
- 6 small glasses or ramekins
To make the mousse, melt the chocolate in a heatproof dish over simmering water, then set aside to cool slightly. Separate 3 of the eggs, whisk the egg yolks with the final whole egg and add the coffee before beating into the melted chocolate. In a clean bowl, whisk the 3 remaining egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into the chocolate mix until evenly combined. Spoon into glasses or ramekins and chill for at least 90 minutes.
To make the Frangelico cream, whip together the cream, icing sugar and Frangelico and spoon over the set mousses. If you like, decorate with hazelnuts dipped in chocolate.