Chocolate mousse is such a classic easy dessert recipe, but it’s not always as healthy as we’d like it to be. But thankfully this recipe from Deliciously Ella is super healthy but doesn’t compromise on the taste, so it’s a dessert recipe you’ll want to go back to again and again.
Avocados and bananas are full of potassium, and avocados are also full of healthy fats that are great for our hearts, but are also known to help our skin and hair look great too. Using almond butter helps to give this mousse a really smooth consistency, while the raw cacao powder, medjool dates and maple syrup help create that sweet and chocolate taste.
If you’re throwing a dinner party but want to keep the dessert healthy, or just want a mid week pudding without feeling guilty, these simple mousses are a great way to satiate your sweet tooth.
HOW TO MAKE EASY AVOCADO CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Recipe extracted from Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward, out now published by Yellow Kite, £20
© Ella Woodward 2015
- Place the avocado in a food processor and add the bananas, dates, almond butter and raw cacao powder with a splash of water and the maple syrup, if using. Blend into a smooth mixture.
- Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or little glasses and sprinkle over the chia seeds, if using. Keep chilled in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, peeled and stone removed
- 4 really ripe bananas (400g), peeled
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 tbsp almond butter
- 5 heaped tsp raw cacao powder
- drizzle of maple syrup (optional)
- sprinkle of chia seeds (optional)
Le Creuset’s Unbreakable Enamelware Collection is perfect for "oops proof" outdoor dining
Summertime is practically here which means picnics and BBQs galore. To prepare for all our favorite summer foods check out Le Creuset's dishes set on sale now
By Rylee Johnston •
Experts claim Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter will play this important role in the royal family
Do you agree?
By Danielle Valente •
Are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck rekindling their romance? Here's what we know about the return of "Bennifer"
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have been spotted spending a lot more time together since her split from Alex Rodriguez in April, which has sparked rumors of a potential rekindling
By Rylee Johnston •