This recipe was created by Ella Woodward for natural cleaning products brand method.
- 150g buckwheat
- 2tsp ras el hanout
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned or grated
- 2 oranges, peeled and pith removed and sliced into circles
- 1 large bunch flat leaf parsley, leaves picked
- 1 small bunch dill, fronds picked
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
In a saucepan, cover the buckwheat with 400ml water, bring to the boil and simmer for about 5-8 minutes, until most of the water is absorbed. Drain the buckwheat through a sieve and rinse with cold water. Drain again and then put into a bowl, mix in the ras el hanout, olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Add the carrots and oranges to the buckwheat and mix well, letting the flavours all meld together.
Stir in the parsley, dill, mint and pomegranate seeds, mix well, then serve.
This recipe is a delight on its own, as well as served along side roasted cauliflower and carrots with cumin.