Recipe taken from Dairy-Free Delicious by Katy Salter, published by Quadrille, £18.99
- Add the lemon juice to the almond milk, stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, sift both flours into a large bowl. Fold in the bicarbonate of soda and salt, using a large metal spoon. Form a well in the centre.
- Whisk the eggs and almond milk mixture together. Pour into the well a little at a time, whisking as you go to incorporate. When you’ve added about half, add the melted sunflower spread and whisk to combine. Add the rest of the almond milk and keep whisking until you have a thick, smooth batter. Leave the mixture to rest for 10 minutes and preheat the oven to its lowest setting.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Before it gets too hot, drizzle a little oil into the pan and use kitchen paper to evenly grease the bottom and remove the excess. Once the pan has heated up, ladle 3 tablespoons of the batter into the pan per pancake and swirl into a circle. You will be able to fit 2 pancakes into your pan at one time. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until bubbles start to form on the surface and the edges start to lift away from the pan. Flip over using a spatula and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side, until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat in batches until you’ve used up all the batter (you may need to add a little more oil after every couple of pancakes) and keep the pancakes warm on a plate in the low oven, layering each with a sheet of kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the bacon until it reaches your preferred state of crispiness.
- Once all the pancakes are cooked, divide them into stacks between 4 plates. Top with the crispy bacon, drizzle maple syrup over the top and serve with the avocado.
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 275ml almond milk
- 120g wholegrain spelt flour
- 160g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- generous pinch sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 50g dairy free sunflower spread, melted and cooled
- sunflower or vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 rashers streaky bacon
- 2 avocados, sliced
- maple syrup, to drizzle
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •