Make your Christmas drinks party or your dinner party stand out with some of these lovely crostini topper ideas. They come in really handy as a filling canapé for a drinks party or to add to a buffet. You can organise the toppings ahead of time and just top when you are ready. If you're making your own crostini, you can keep them in an airtight box for 24 hours before topping them, so you can easily make them the night before and simply assemble them as and when you need them!
HOW TO MAKE A CROSTINI PLATTER
- You can either buy ready-made crostini, or you can make your own. To do this, take a narrow baguette and slice – one baguette should give 32. Put the slices on a baking tray and drizzle or brush over olive oil. Bake a in 180C fan, gas 6 oven, until lightly browned and crispy. Allow to cool. Once you've done this, you can top with any of the below toppings.
- Take a cooked lobster tail, slice it, and place it on some mayo, with some smoked paprika sprinkled over.
- Slice 1 buffalo mozzarella and add a slice to crostini, each one spread with ½tsp pesto. Finish with sweety drop red peppers or sun-blush tomatoes.
Crab and Lemon Mayo
- Mix a squeeze of lemon juice into 3tbsp mayo. Mix in 150g fresh white crabmeat and lots of black pepper. sprinkle over snipped chives.
Smoked Salmon and Horseradish
- Mix 1tbsp grated horseradish into 100g cream cheese with black pepper and a squeeze of lemon. spread on crostini, top each with a small slice of smoked salmon and top with a sprig of dill.
- 1 baguette
- 1 lobster tail
- Smoked paprika
- 1 buffalo mozzarella
- Sweety Drop Red Peppers
Crab and lemon mayo:
- 150g fresh white crabmeat
Smoked salmon and horseradish
- Grated horseradish
- 100g cream cheese
Cheese and bacon hush puppies
Once you’ve tried one, you’ll be back for more!
By Jessica Ransom •
Scallops with samphire and lemon
These delicious scallops with samphire and lemon make an impressive starter
By Elisa Roche •
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom •
Kate Middleton's wedding dressmaker criticizes Princess Diana's bridal mishap
Princess Diana's wedding dress mishap didn't need to happen, according to the royal embroiderer.
By Emma Dooney •
Andre Leon Talley just made Uggs cool
Andre Leon Talley is the new face of Uggs. So is the furry boot our new fashion staple?
By Fiona Embleton •
Dr. Jill Biden makes history as the only First Lady to hold a job
The new FLOTUS will be the first to hold a paying job while performing her duties
By Laura Harman •