- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- pinch smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 400g can cherry tomatoes
- 800g (1lb 12oz) potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm (1¼in) cubes
- 100g (4oz) small chorizo, chopped into 2cm (¾in) pieces
- 4 large free-range eggs, such as Burford Browns
- 2tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Heat half the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion until beginning to soften, then stir in the garlic, paprika and cayenne. Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, then cook for about 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for about 6 minutes until tender but still holding their shape. Drain well and leave to steam dry.
Heat a large frying pan and cook the chorizo for a few minutes, then add the potatoes and cook over a fairly high heat until the potatoes and chorizo brown in patches. Tip them into the spicy sauce, mixing in well.
Place the frying pan back on the heat, add the remaining oil and fry the eggs. Place them on top of the potato mixture and transfer to the table to serve scattered with parsley.