By Jane Curran
Spice up your chicken by following this recipe for an Indian-style dish to tickle your tastebuds. The spice of the chilli contrasts with the soft, subtle flavours of coconut, and the tangy flavours of lime for a whole new taste experience. Seasoning is key for this dish, as the cumin, lime zest, garam masala and coriander are essentials for the creation of those Indian spice flavours. If curry isn't your thing, a dish like this is perfect to taste those aromatic, Indian flavours, but avoiding the usual keralans and kormas.
If curry is your thing, but it isn't the kids' just yet, use this dish as a gateway for them, and ease them in to the tastes and aromas gently. With only 414 calories, this is a nutritious meal which goes easy on the waistline, and is also kind to the tastebuds. Don't forget to add the spinach; it functions as a lovely, subtle vegetable which contrasts with the exotic flavours of other ingredients, and provides a visual lift to the plate as its bright green colour brightens up the paler chicken and chickpeas.
HOW TO MAKE CHILLI, COCONUT AND LIME CHICKEN
1. Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. In a large bowl, mix together the lime zest and juice, chillies, almonds, sultanas, coconut, ground coriander and garam masala. Season well. Add the chicken and coat well in the coconut mixture. Put on a baking tray lined with oiled foil, drizzle with the oil and bake for 15-20 minutes.
2. Put the chickpeas in a medium-sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add the ground cumin to the pan along with some seasoning. Cook gently for 5-8 minutes and then stir through the spinach, leaving to wilt for a few minutes. Serve the chicken with a spoonful of the warm chickpeas.
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1-2 chillies, deseeded and ﬁnely sliced
- 1tbsp ﬂaked almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sultanas, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tsp garam masala
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, lightly ﬂattened
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1tbsp ground cumin
- 200g baby spinach
Martha Stewart launches a brand-new home website with furniture, recipes, and even CBD
We take a look at the items on Martha Stewart's new home site
By Danielle Valente •
A Million Little Things season 4 will be 20 episodes long
A Million Little Things is getting a fourth season and this one will be the longest yet
By Rylee Johnston •
Regé-Jean Page had a surprising reaction to his steamy Bridgerton scenes
Regé-Jean Page admits that he wasn't excited to watch back his sex scenes from Bridgerton
By Rylee Johnston •