You can’t always rely on the weather in the summer when you’re planning on having a barbecue – so why not pick a dish that works just as well in the wok as it does on the barbecue? So if you’re inviting friends over and worried about the weather this brilliant healthy chicken recipe means you’ll be prepared for every eventuality.
These chicken bites would work well as a starter or as part of a lovely barbecue buffet. You’ll need to marinate the chicken with the tikka paste in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but this means the flavour is really ramped up when it comes to cooking.
Serve on baby lettuce with mango chutney, baby tomatoes, spring onions and a dollop of tasty homemade raita, this is a brilliant go to rain or shine barbecue recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TIKKA BITES
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 3tbsp Patak's tikka paste
- little oil, for frying
- 2 to 3 Baby Gem lettuces, separated
- 4tbsp mango chutney
- 300g (10oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
For the raita
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150ml (5fl oz) Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Mix together the chicken and tikka paste in a ziplock bag and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Prepare the raita by simply mixing together all the ingredients and season.
- Add the oil to a wok and cook the chicken for about 10 minutes until cooked through. Arrange the lettuce on a serving dish. Spread on a bit of chutney, some tomatoes, spring onions, the chicken and a few blobs of raita.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Starbucks is out of hazelnut syrup and a few other favorites
Starbucks is undergoing a temporary supply shortage on over two dozen popular ingredients
By Rylee Johnston •
Meghan Markle reflects on what got her through 2020
Megan's strategy for dealing with 2020 is very relatable.
By Danielle Valente •
Kate Middleton: how did her necklace honor her children?
The Duchess of Cambridge wore a necklace honoring her children as she launched her latest project for The Royal Foundation
By Rylee Johnston •