You can’t always rely on the weather in the summer when you’re planning on having a barbecue – so why not pick a dish that works just as well in the wok as it does on the barbecue? So if you’re inviting friends over and worried about the weather this brilliant healthy chicken recipe means you’ll be prepared for every eventuality.
These chicken bites would work well as a starter or as part of a lovely barbecue buffet. You’ll need to marinate the chicken with the tikka paste in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but this means the flavour is really ramped up when it comes to cooking.
Serve on baby lettuce with mango chutney, baby tomatoes, spring onions and a dollop of tasty homemade raita, this is a brilliant go to rain or shine barbecue recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TIKKA BITES
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thick strips
- 3tbsp Patak's tikka paste
- little oil, for frying
- 2 to 3 Baby Gem lettuces, separated
- 4tbsp mango chutney
- 300g (10oz) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced
For the raita
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 150ml (5fl oz) Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Mix together the chicken and tikka paste in a ziplock bag and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Prepare the raita by simply mixing together all the ingredients and season.
- Add the oil to a wok and cook the chicken for about 10 minutes until cooked through. Arrange the lettuce on a serving dish. Spread on a bit of chutney, some tomatoes, spring onions, the chicken and a few blobs of raita.
The Queen won't watch Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
The show will air tonight in the US and tomorrow in the UK
By Sarah Finley •
Louise Redknapp says she was snubbed by her celebrity pals after divorcing Jamie
Louise Redknapp has thanked Jimmy Carr for his friendship after her other famous pals snubbed her
By Robyn Morris •
Kate Middleton rewears £5 Accessorize earrings for latest video appearance
Kate Middleton has reworn a bargain pair of earrings she first debuted last year
By Robyn Morris •