Who doesn’t love a good burger? Whether you’re looking for a comforting weeknight meal or a weekend blow out dish that feels super special and tastes amazing, you can’t go wrong with a great burger recipe. This delicious mince recipe is a great way to enjoy a burger this week and it’s super easy to throw together. With good quality mince and delicious smoky bacon, it’s the best way to enjoy a classic burger recipe.
Adding mustard powder and herbs de Provence to the burger mix gives this recipe even more flavour and you can even top off your finished burger with a healthy helping of strong cheddar cheese – can you think of anything more mouthwatering? Try it this weekend and the whole family will love it.
- Put the beef into a large bowl. Peel and finely chop the onion. Fry the bacon in a non-stick pan until just cooked then remove and use the bacon fat to cook the onion until soft. Very finely chop the bacon. Once the onion and bacon are cool, add to the beef with the rest of the ingredients (except the Cheddar); season well. Shape into burger and leave in the fridge until required-you can do this up to a day in advance
- Cook over a high heat until browned on both sides then move to low-medium and cook for 10 minutes for medium. Top with cheese and serve with buns and all the trimmings.
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) minced beef
- 1 large onion
- 3 rashers smoked backed bacon
- 2 free-range egg yolks
- 1tsp dried herbes de Provence or oregano
- 1tsp mustard powder
- 6-8 slices strong Cheddar