- 2tbsp olive oil
- 250g (9oz) chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 545g pack ready-made pizza dough bases (contains 2 bases)
- 150g (5oz) taleggio cheese, cut into 2cm (¾in) cubes
- 8 slices prosciutto
- large handful rocket leaves
- 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
- you will need
- 2 baking sheets lined with baking parchment
Heat the oven to 220C, 200C fan, 425F, gas 7. Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 3 to 4 minutes until beginning to soften and turn golden. Add the leek and cook for a few more minutes until softened, then stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; set aside to cool.
Unroll the 2 pizza dough bases and place on the baking sheets. Spoon the mushroom and leek mix over the bases and top with the taleggio. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until the base is crisp and golden. Serve immediately, topped with prosciutto and rocket, plus the olive oil and a grinding of black pepper.
Toppings to try... *Caramelised onions with goats' cheese, spinach and pine nuts *Courgettes fried in garlic, with ricotta, Parmesan and basil *Sautéed fennel bulb, sliced, with mozzarella, bresaola and rosemary