Nutrition per portion
- 1 x guinea fowl, approx 1.5kg (3lb 6oz), jointed into 8
- 2 limes, halved, to serve
- For the marinade:
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2tsp roasted sesame oil
- 2tbsp groundnut or other flavourless oil
- zest and juice 1 lime
- 2 sticks lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1tsp green peppercorns
- 1tbsp hot chilli sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5cm (2in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and roughly chopped
Place the meat in a china or glass bowl. Mix together the marinade ingredients; pour over the guinea fowl. Cover with clingfilm and marinate in the fridge for at least three hours or overnight, turning the meat occasionally.
Heat the barbecue. Remove the meat from the marinade; cook the thighs and drumsticks for 10 minutes, then add the breast meat. Continue to barbecue all the guinea fowl for a further 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Remove the cooked guinea fowl to a large plate and squeeze over the fresh lime.