By Jules Mercer published
This black pasta with mushrooms is a chic dish that is simply delicious! We’ve paired black squid ink spaghetti with a rich mushroom sauce that is so easy to make. It’s delightfully quick to whip up and looks so striking. Black pasta is available from some supermarkets, but we actually found ours in our local fishmonger! Black pasta with mushrooms is perfect for a special dinner for two and a great option if you are cooking for vegetarians. If you’re feeling adventurous you could even forage the mushrooms which are in season in autumn, but make sure you use a guide to double check to avoid any dangerous ones. This autumnal black pasta with mushrooms is a simple pasta dish that is so impressive, but hardly takes any work.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, once cooked drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms in the butter for 2mins, then add the thyme and continue to cook for a couple more minutes. Next add the cream and allow the sauce to reduce for a few minutes, then stir in the stock and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the drained pasta to the frying pan and season well. Add the lemon juice and zest, and mix well so that the pasta is evenly coated in lovely mushroom sauce. Serve immediately topped with grated Parmesan.
- 250g squid ink spaghetti or linguini
- 2tbsp salted butter
- 250g mixed wild mushrooms
- 1tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4tbsp double cream
- 100ml mushroom stock
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
Jules Mercer is a food writer, stylist and editor.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Is there going to be a Dexter: New Blood season 2 and what happened in that shocking finale?
Fans can't help hoping for a Dexter: New Blood season 2, but how will things ever be the same after the finale?
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Lady Louise's royal future to be decided by her uncle Prince Charles
Lady Louise's future is set to be decided by her uncle Prince Charles' whose position in the royal family could change her life forever
By Laura Harman • Published
The Queen informed Prince Andrew of stripped royal privileges in ‘90-minute meeting’
The Queen summoned Prince Andrew to Windsor Castle to break the news
By Emma Dooney • Published