Recipe extracted from Deliciously Ella by Ella Woodward, out now published by Yellow Kite, £20 © Ella Woodward 2015
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 600g passata
- 50g tomato purée
- 2 x 400g tins black beans
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans
- 1 jalapeño pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (add more if you like it extra spicy)
- brown rice, to serve
Place the carrot and garlic into a large saucepan. Add the passata, tomato purée, both the beans, jalapeño pepper and the chilli flakes to the saucepan along with some salt and pepper, to taste.
Cook the chilli for about 10 minutes, stirring it well, until it’s lovely and warm and everything’s nicely mixed together.
Pour the chilli over brown rice and enjoy.
Top Tip for making Black and Kidney Bean Chilli
Make extra batches of this and freeze them as it makes a delicious, filling meal when you don’t have time to prepare anything