- 500g (1lb 2oz) raw beetroot, peeled and sliced into small wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 pack fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 250g (9oz) broad beans
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50g (2oz) mixed baby leaves
- 100g (4oz) feta, crumbled
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/400F/Gas 6. Toss the beetroot in 1 tbsp of oil, and scatter with the ½ the thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 40-45 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile blanch the broad beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes then drain and pod.
Mix the oil & vinegar together and toss with beetroot, broad beans, spring onions, remaining thyme, mixed leaves & feta.
Top Tip for making Beetroot and Broad Bean Salad
Make sure you take the time to pod the broad beans as they can be very tough and bitter if eaten with them still podded