By Jane Curran
This bacon and mozzarella tart is a simple buffet dish that takes no time at all to prep but is absolutely irresistible. Ready rolled puff pastry is the ultimate time saver. We love the all butter varieties for their flaky and flavourful finish, but it’s worth noting that regular Jus-Rol pastry is suitable for vegans. If you’ve not made one before, a puff pastry tart, like this bacon and mozzarella tart, will become a go-to party food recipe in no time. They are so easy to customise using your favourite toppings. Why not try swapping the bacon for sliced fresh tomatoes and use some pesto instead of onion marmalade for a crowd pleasing vegetarian option. This bacon and mozzarella tart is the perfect quick fix for light lunch for a group.
- 320g pack all-butter ready-rolled puff pastry
- beaten egg, to glaze
- 8-10 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 150g red onion marmalade
- 2 x 150g balls mozzarella, thinly sliced
- fresh basil and green salad, to serve
- Put the pre rolled pastry sheet onto an oiled baking tray and, without cutting through completely, score the pastry 2cm in from the edge, then with the back of a knife, make light lines in the “frame”. Brush with beaten egg and put in the fridge while you prep the fillings.
- Heat the oven to 220C and grill the bacon until it’s almost crispy.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge and carefully spread the onion marmalade inside the pastry frame, then top with the slices of mozzarella and bacon. Put into the oven and bake until the pastry has risen and is golden, about 20 mins. Top with fresh basil and serve with a green salad.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
What will Kate Middleton's title and Prince William's title be when Charles becomes King?
We'll struggle not to think of them as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge!
By Robyn Morris •
'He's like a brother to me' Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her relationship with ex Chris Martin
Gwyneth Paltrow has revealed what her relationship is like with her ex
By Robyn Morris •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •