- a little oil, for frying
- 2 sirloin (or rump) steaks, around 200g (7oz) each
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 150g (5oz) fresh beansprouts
- 90g pack chopped fresh coconut (optional)
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 4tbsp coconut cream
- 2tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2tsp soy sauce or tamari (gluten-free)
- 2tsp grated ginger
Oil the steaks and season them well. Heat a griddle or frying pan and cook the steaks for a few minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking, but in this salad, it’s better on the pink side. Set them aside to rest.
Put the rest of the salad ingredients in a bowl. Mix together all the ingredients for the dressing. Slice the steaks thickly then let everyone help themselves to salad and steak, and pour over the dressing.