For a risotto recipe that’s sure to be a hit at dinner time, give this tasty lemon risotto with added artichoke and capers a go and you’ll be super satisfied.
HOW TO MAKE ARTICHOKE, CAPER AND LEMON RISOTTO
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and rice and cook for 1 minute, mixing well. Add the wine and allow it to bubble of. Have your stock to hand in a saucepan on a low simmer.
- Add a ladleful of the stock, and allow it to absorb before adding another ladleful. Repeat with the remaining stock – add a little more stock if needed.
- Once the risotto is ready, stir through the juice of 1 lemon and the zest. Season well and keep covered for a few minutes.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the olive oil then the artichokes and capers, fry for around 1 minute, then turn up the heat to medium-high and fry for another minute or until beginning to crisp. Add the remaining lemon juice and parsley and bubble for 30 seconds. Stir gently into the risotto then divide between 4 plates. Serve with grated Parmesan, if you like.
- 1tbsp sunfower oil
- 2 small onions, peeled and fnely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g risotto rice
- 150ml dry white wine
- 600ml hot vegetable stock
- juice of 2 lemons and zest of 1, plus extra zest to serve
- 35g unsalted butter
- ½tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 175g chargrilled artichokes in oil, drained and thickly sliced
- 3tbsp capers, rinsed
- a large handful of flat-leaf parsley leaves, fnely chopped
Prince Philip has been transferred to St Bartholomew's for observation of 'pre-existing heart condition' and 'infection' treatment
Prince Philip was admitted to King Edward VII Hospital on February 16
By Emma Shacklock •
Gillian Anderson reveals her ‘hot date’ for the Golden Globes
The cutest date we've seen!
By Sarah Finley •
Danni Minogue 'Shopping was a depressing experience for me'
The Australian Pop icon, TV star, and fashion designer launches a new petite fashion and jewellery range with digital retailer QVC
By Selina Maycock •