Britney Spears says 'sex is great when you're pregnant' after teasing podcast over therapy

Britney shared details about her sex life since becoming pregnant with her third child and hinted at a potential podcast in a recent update

Britney Spears says pregnant sex is 'great' and hints podcast
(Image credit: Handout/ Getty Images)

Britney Spears has revealed she's having the 'best sex ever' while pregnant, teasing that she might even do a podcast during her third time expecting. 

The US pop star may have just shared a new trick on how to have an orgasm with your partner—pregnancy. 

Britney took to Instagram on Wednesday to update her 40m followers on her recent baby news, revealing she is currently enjoying a 'great' sex life with her husband, Sam Asghari. The intimate revelation comes just a few days after the Toxic singer announced that she and the 28-year-old Iranian actor are expecting their first child together. 

"It's time for me to indulge into [sic] movies...great conversation...and the best sex ever!" she wrote in the lengthy post. "Sex is great when you're pregnant." She also teased a podcast, suggesting that she start her own show "during the pregnancy" instead of going to therapy. 

Britney, who announced she's writing a book last week, is already the proud mother to two sons, Sean Preston, 16, and Jayden James, 15. She lost custody of her children in 2007, after suffering a highly-publicized mental breakdown. Now freed from her controversial 13-year-long conservatorship, Britney has 30% custody of Sean and Jayden, while their father, Kevin Federline, holds the remaining 70%. 

The teenagers live a private life outside of the spotlight but have appeared on their A-list mom's social media on occasion over the past few years. They also cropped up on the Instagram of Eddie Morales, Kevin's friend, in October 2021. 

Britney also mentioned her younger son in the pregnancy update, recounting a memory of her caring for him as a sick child. 

"Jayden had an extremely high fever one time," she wrote. "My heart went into my stomach because he had never been this hot before!!! His little eyes were so you think I called a doctor???" 

Rather than ring for medical help, Britney recalled how she "picked him up like a baby" and took him to her room, where she bathed him in a lukewarm bath. She then got him a "cold compress" as well as a "fever reducer", only for the nine-year-old to complain that he now had "chills". 

"I put a heating pad at his feet and kept a wet compress on his head ... I let him lay there for 20 minutes and then I repeated it," she said. After bathing him for a second time, his "fever went down" and he fell asleep, with her lying next to him. The next morning, he was "eating pancakes like nothing had happened". 

Emma Dooney
Lifestyle News Writer

Hailing from the lovely city of Dublin, Emma mainly covers the Royal Family and the entertainment world, as well as the occasional health and wellness feature. Always up for a good conversation, she has a passion for interviewing everyone from A-list celebrities to the local GP - or just about anyone who will chat to her, really.

Emma holds an MA in International Journalism from City, University of London, and a BA in English Literature from Trinity College Dublin.