Chicken and Sweetcorn Chowder
Comfort in a bowl, this chicken and sweetcorn chowder is perfect served with crusty bread on a cool evening
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g (5oz) smoked bacon, diced
- 300g (10oz) chicken, sliced
- 350g (12oz) potatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 spring onions
- 850ml (1 1/2pt) chicken stock
- 2tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 142ml carton double cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
2 Add the stock and thyme, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
3 Stir in sweetcorn and cream, return bacon to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Mash potatoes a little, making sure it stays textured. Serve sprinkled with parsley.