Chicken and Sweetcorn Chowder
Comfort in a bowl, this chicken and sweetcorn chowder is perfect served with crusty bread on a cool evening
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g (5oz) smoked bacon, diced
- 300g (10oz) chicken, sliced
- 350g (12oz) potatoes, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3-4 spring onions
- 850ml (1 1/2pt) chicken stock
- 2tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained
- 142ml carton double cream
- chopped parsley, to garnish
The best thing about homemade chicken and corn soup is that you can decide yourself what goes into your chowder. If you want to add more vegetables, try carrot or red and yellow bell peppers.
To find more delicious ideas for chowders and other soups, have a look at our other soup recipes Ė we have lots to choose from!
- Heat the oil in a large, non-stick pan. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and fry until golden. Add the potatoes, garlic and spring onions. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and thyme, and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in sweetcorn and cream, return bacon to the pan and simmer for 2 minutes. Mash potatoes a little, making sure it stays textured. Serve sprinkled with parsley.