Chilled Watercress, Pea and Mint Soup
So easy it's almost beyond belief – this chilled watercress and pea soup makes for a wonderful light lunch on a hot summer day
- 700g (1lb 9oz) frozen peas (we like Birds Eye)
- 100g (4oz) watercress, plus extra to garnish
- 8-10 sprigs mint, tough stalks removed
- 35g (1¼oz) butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 700ml (1¼pt) hot vegetable stock
- juice 1 lemon
Looking for more inspiration? We have plenty of other delicious, hot and chilled soup recipes.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan and cook the onion until soft. Add the stock, bring to the boil and tip in the peas. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the watercress, mint and lemon juice, season and blend until smooth. For an extra cheffy touch, you can pass through a sieve and discard any pulp.
- Chill until needed, and check the seasoning before serving, as chilling will mellow the flavours slightly. Serve with sprigs of watercress, to garnish.