This delicious recipe could easily work as a tasty starter for your next dinner party or a light lunch or week night dinner. Scallops are full of protein, while green peas are a great source of vitamin K, vitamin B1 and vitamin B2, as well as potassium and iron – so this dish is really good for you.
HOW TO MAKE SCALLOPS ON PEA PUREE WITH PARMESAN CRUMBS
- To make the purée, bring a pan of salted water to the boil, reduce to a fast simmer then cook the peas for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain, rinse in cold water to cool then place in a bowl with the mint, chives, crème fraîche and lemon juice. Blend to a fine purée using a stick blender, season and set aside.
- To make the topping, mix the breadcrumbs, garlic and Parmesan in a small bowl until well combined, then set aside. Melt half the butter along with half the olive oil in a small frying pan until it starts to foam, add the breadcrumb mixture and fry until golden, stirring often, season and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter and olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a high heat, then add the scallops and cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side. To serve, arrange the scallops on top of the pea purée and scatter over the crumb mixture.
- 300g (10oz) frozen garden peas
- ½tbsp mint, finely chopped
- ¼tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1tbsp crème fraîche
- good squeeze lemon juice
- 50g (2oz) fine breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan, finely grated
- 40g (1½oz) butter
- ½tbsp olive oil
- 18 king scallops, seasoned
Top Tip for making Scallops On Pea Purée With Parmesan Crumbs
If you don't want to use scallops, this dish is also great made using king prawns and a little chopped, crispy bacon
Courteney Cox shares her quick 5-minute makeup routine
Courteney Cox's makeup routine is quick, minimal but looks incredible as this video reveals.
By Fiona Embleton •
When did Marathons become Snickers? The big question posed in Unforgotten
Unforgotten fans were all left asking one bizarre question after last nights episode: When did Marathons become Snickers?
By Laura Harman •
Behind Her Eyes locations revealed - this is where they filmed Netflix’s hit thriller
Have you ever visited any of them?
By Emma Shacklock •