By Woman and Home published
For a risotto recipe that tastes really different, give this grilled salmon affair a go – it’s super tasty and healthy too.
HOW TO MAKE GRILLED SALMON WITH SUMAC AND COURGETTE RISOTTO
- 2tsp sumac
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 150g (5oz) salmon fillets
For the risotto:
- 700ml (11/4pt) vegetable stock
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 225g (8oz) Arborio rice
- 50ml (2fl oz) dry white wine
- 200g (7fl oz) baby courgettes, sliced thinly
- 100g (4oz) petit pois, thawed
- 1tbsp mint, off the stalk and finely chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Mix the sumac with the olive oil and spread evenly over the top of the salmon fillets.
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil. Melt the butter in a large saucepan and sweat the onion for 5 minutes until soft. Add the rice and coat well with the butter. Pour in the white wine and allow most of it to evaporate, stirring continuously. Add a ladleful of stock and continue cooking until the liquid has been absorbed, stirring all the time. Continue to add the stock bit by bit until the rice swells and becomes creamy. It will take about 20 minutes for the rice to cook.
- Add the courgettes, peas, mint and lemon zest. Season and cook for a further 5 minutes until the rice is tender and the vegetables just cooked. Five minutes before the risotto has finished cooking, place the salmon fillets on a baking tray and grill until cooked through. Place the salmon on a warm plate and spoon the risotto on the side. Serve with a salad.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Air signs—Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius zodiacs explained
Air signs of the zodiac are Libra, Gemini, and Aquarius—here's everything you need to know about what it means to be an air sign
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Anna Hathaway dressed like her character in The Devil Wears Prada and fans can't get enough
The Internet had a lot to say about Anne Hathaway's latest look after she shared it on Instagram...
By Anna Rahmanan • Published
Zara and Mike Tindall confuse Australian interviewer with tropical background
The royal couple showed off their funny side in their most recent interview
By Emma Dooney • Published