This dark and rich chocolate dessert is the perfect sweet to serve up at a dinner party, to impress your friends with.
- Line an 18cm (7in) spring form tin with cling film. Place the gelatine in a small bowl of water for 5 minutes.
- Gently heat 150g (5oz) of chocolate in a small pan with the milk until melted. Beat the egg yolks and sugar together until creamy, then stir in the chocolate mixture. Return to the pan and heat gently, stirring until thickened. Remove the gelatine from the water and squeeze out excess water before stirring into the mixture.
- Put the chestnut puree in a large bowl then with an electric whisk beat in a third of the chocolate mixture until smooth the beat in the remaining mixture. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile in two separate bowls whip 200ml (1/3pt) of cream and the egg whites to stiff peaks. Once the chocolate mix is cool fold in the cream followed by the egg whites. Gently transfer to the prepared cake tin and chill for 4-5 hours or overnight until set.
- Place the cream into a small saucepan with the sugar and gently bring just the boil. Take of the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Leave for 5 mins then stir to a smooth mixture.
- Turn out onto a plate and pour over the ganache spreading down the sides with a palette knife and creating a swirl on the top. Press biscuits around the side overlapping them slightly.
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 300ml (½pt) semi skimmed milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 50g (2oz) light brown sugar
- 10 sheets gelatine
- 250g (9oz) Creme de Marrons Chestnut spread with vanilla
- 300ml (½pt) double cream
- 2 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 50g (2oz) almond thins
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Meghan Markle’s skincare secrets—the Duchess’ favorite beauty products revealed
Meghan Markle's skincare routine is a blend of high end and drug store products
By Fiona Embleton •
The Charlotte Tilbury Mystery Box offers 50% off makeup and skincare—here's what we know is inside
Spoiler alert! The Charlotte Tilbury Mystery Box has arrived for 2021 and we know some of its top-secret contents
By Fiona McKim •
Attention beauty lovers: the Ulta Cyber Monday sale has arrived with over 300 deals—here's what to shop
We've compiled the best Ulta Cyber Monday deals, from skincare sets to premier hair dryers and more
By Dominique McIntee •