This beautiful spring dessert recipe feels really indulgent but it's actually super easy to whip up, so it's perfect if you're entertaining.
HOW TO MAKE WARM CHOCOLATE TART WITH TAWNY PORT SYRUP
- 250g (9oz) very good-quality dark chocolate, around 85% cocoa solids (we used Lindt Excellence)
- 250g (9oz) caster sugar
- 250g (9oz) unsalted butter
- 2tbsp plain flour
- 4 large, free-range eggs
- generous pinch sea salt
- cocoa powder, for dusting
for the syrup:
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 300ml (½pt) tawny port
you will need:
- 25.5cm (10in) watertight tart tin, buttered and dusted with cocoa, and bottom lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, 300 F, gas 2. Add the chocolate, sugar and butter to a heavy bottomed saucepan and heat very gently, stirring occasionally until melted. With a hand whisk, stir in the flour, and eggs, one by one, until the mixture is smooth. If it curdles, just keep stirring and adding the eggs, and it'll come back together. Stir in the salt.
- Spoon into the tin; place in a roasting tin of hot water, making sure the water level is at least 1cm (½in) below the top of the tart tin. Cook in the centre of the oven for 1 hour until springy to the touch.
- Meanwhile, make the syrup. Place the sugar and port in a saucepan and heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 to 10 minutes until reduced to taste. Keep warm. When the tart is cooked, remove carefully from the water, allow to cool for 20 minutes, then invert on to a serving plate. Cut into slices, dust with the cocoa and serve with the warm port syrup drizzled over. This tart can be eaten warm or at room temperature, and will keep in the fridge for 3 days, although it's best eaten on the day.
Kate Winslet reveals her stress incontinence prevents her from engaging in this physical activity
Kate Winslet has raised awareness of the urinatory condition after sharing her personal experience with Graham Norton
By Emma Dooney •
The Split season 3 - everything you need to know about the BBC drama’s final series
Are you prepared for how it will end?
By Emma Shacklock •
Meghan Markle wore this stunning designer dress for her Oprah interview
It's sure to be a sell out!
By Sarah Finley •