- 1 x 230g pack ready rolled short-crust pastry (we love Marie La Pate Brisee, from ocado.com)
- 350g golden syrup
- 40g treacle
- 275ml double cream
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 65g porridge oats, finely blended in a food processor
- 2tbsp lemon juice
you will need
- 22cm (8 ¾ in) fluted tart tin
- tin foil and baking beans
- Line the tart tin with the pastry, press into the edges but don’t trim yet, set aside in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up. Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6.
- Trim the edges of the pastry using a sharp knife, line with tin foil and fill with baking beans, bake for 15 minutes, remove the beans and set aside to cool slightly. Reduce the temperature to 170C, gas 3.
- Mix the remaining ingredients until smooth then pour into the pastry case. Bake for 50-60 minutes. Serve warm with clotted cream
Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Katie McLelland is a food stylist, chef, recipe developer, home economist, eater- and everything in-between. She specialises in creating recipes for social media channels to editorial and advertising content as well as the occasional bread, cake, pudding and menus in real life.
Katie is also a home economist for film and TV. Current projects including Cooking with the Stars (South Shore), Matilda (Poppet Productions), Landscapers (Sister), This Sceptered Isle (Revolution Films) and The Great season 2 (Yekaterina Uk ltd).
Eton mess tart
We’ve turned a traditional British pudding into a gorgeous white chocolate tart. Summer puddings don’t get any better than this Eton Mess tart.
By Rosie Conroy Published
Asparagus and brie tarts
Asparagus takes centre stage in these asparagus and brie tart pastry bites that are perfect for lunch or tea.
By Samuel Goldsmith Published
Tropical coconut custard tart
By Elisa Roche Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe Published
The indulgent dessert that Kate Middleton loves is so quintessentially British
A chef once revealed Kate Middleton's go-to dessert for post-dinner indulgence
By Caitlin Elliott Published
Nigella Lawson's famous dinner parties are canceled for the most relatable reason
Nigella Lawson's dinner parties may well be the pinnacle of home dining but the beloved chef and writer says she's not doing them anymore
By Aoife Hanna Published
Duchess Sophie paired a flowy cream skirt with Kate Middleton's favourite winter wardrobe staple
Duchess Sophie's flowy cream skirt was the perfect capsule wardrobe staple as she paired the midi skirt with a classic black jumper
By Laura Harman Published