Whether you serve this recipe as a main or side, you’re sure to love it. We think it goes perfectly with some grilled chicken as a light meal that can be easily made into a packed lunch.
- 200g (7oz) sourdough or baguette, torn into small chunks
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan, grated
- 500g (1lb 2oz) mixed tomatoes, sliced
- handful pitted black olives
- 200g (7oz) buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks
- 4tbsp fresh basil pesto (we used the fresh pouches from Sacla')
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Toss the sourdough with the olive oil and some seasoning, then scatter over the grated Parmesan. Bake for 10 minutes until golden but still chewy in the middle, remove from the oven and allow to cool. Mix with the tomatoes, olives and mozzarella, and drizzle over the pesto. Serve immediately. The croutons can be made the night before and stored in an airtight container.