- 100g (4oz) self-raising flour
- 1tbsp caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 130ml (4½fl oz) milk
- 2 x 340g cans sweetcorn kernels, drained and patted dry
- 8 spring onions, finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) Greek yogurt (we like Total 2%)
- 2-3tsp harissa and 2tbsp olive oil
- 5 limes, peeled, segmented and sliced
- 1 red onion
- handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- sunflower oil, for frying
Mix the flour with the sugar, make a well and crack the eggs into it. Stir to combine then gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until you have a smooth mixture. Season very well, then add the sweetcorn and spring onions and stir to coat. Set aside in the fridge.
Mix the yogurt, harissa and olive oil, and season to taste. Combine the limes, red onion, coriander and chilli, and season.
Heat enough oil in a large frying pan to come about 1cm (½in) up the edge until it starts to shimmer. Drop around 1tbsp of the sweetcorn mix into the pan, and fry for a minute on both sides until the fritters are dark golden. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you do the rest. Serve immediately, with the yogurt and salsa.