For a stylish spring dessert option for any dinner parties you may be throwing this month, try these individual rhubarb and orange crumbles. Everyone loves a good crumble as it’s such a classic British dessert, but serving them up in individual ramekins or fancy glass jars really ramps up the style on this simple dessert recipe.
Rhubarb is in season from April in the UK, so it’s a great ingredient to use in these tasty crumbles thanks to its brilliant sweetness. Orange adds a lovely citrusy element to add to this pudding too.
This recipe serves six people and takes just 50 minutes to throw together, so it’s a great go to recipe for any get together.
HOW TO MAKE INDIVIDUAL RHUBARB AND ORANGE CRUMBLES
- 50g (2oz) cold butter, cubed
- 75g (3oz) flour
- 25g (1oz) coarse oatmeal
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 350g (12oz) rhubarb, cut into 2cm (¾in lengths)
- zest 1 orange, plus 1tbsp juice
- 2 balls stem ginger, finely chopped
- 40g (1½oz) light muscovado sugar
you will need
- 6 ramekins, around 130ml (4½fl oz) capacity, or mini Kilner jars (rubber seals removed)
- Heat the oven to 190C, 170C fan, 375F, gas 5. To make the crumble, rub the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Stir in the oatmeal and caster sugar, and set aside.
- To make the filling, in a small bowl, mix the rhubarb, orange zest and juice, stem ginger and muscovado sugar. Divide equally between the ramekins or jars and top with the crumble mix. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the topping is golden. Serve with clotted cream, if you like.
Top Tip for making Individual Rhubarb and Orange Crumbles
Bag up any extra crumble topping in the freezer (it will keep for a month) then use from frozen for a speedy crumble for Sunday lunch.
Amazon Explore is gifting Prime users a free vacation right from home—here's how to book yours
A worldly experience, straight to you, courtesy of Amazon Explore
By Danielle Valente •
Victoria Beckham spills her daily beauty secrets just in time for summer
Victoria Beckham shared he go-to personal beauty and workout tips during a podcast episode with beauty editors
By Rylee Johnston •
Target's outdoor home furniture launch will get your backyard ready for summer vibes
Target's latest home decor collection features outdoor furniture to help us get ready for summer
By Rylee Johnston •