- 175g (6oz) dark chocolate, at least 70 per cent cocoa solids, broken into small pieces
- 200ml (7fl oz) whipping cream
- 1/2tbsp dark rum or 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4tsp fine sea salt
- 20cm (8in) sweet pastry case (we used M&S)
- 50g (2oz) dulce de leche
- 1/2tsp sea salt flakes, to decorate (optional)
Place the chocolate with the cream, rum and sea salt in a heatproof bowl over a pan over gently simmering water. Once the chocolate is almost totally melted, mix until smooth and glossy then pour into the pastry case; set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Using a piping bag or a spoon, pipe the dulce de leche in even horizontal lines 2cm (3/4in) apart. Then, using a skewer, draw vertical lines in the other direction, backwards and forwards through the dulce de leche. Set aside for 3 hours or overnight to set. Once cooled, sprinkle over the sea salt flakes.