- 4 medium red peppers
- 500g pack frozen rice and mixed vegetables
- about 75ml (3fl oz) vegetable stock (optional)
- 150g (5oz) fresh cheese sauce
- 2tbsp freshly chopped tarragon
- about 25g (1oz) grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
Preheat the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan oven, 350 F, gas 4. Halve the peppers, discard the seeds and core, then arrange them cut-side up on a baking sheet.
Cook the rice and vegetables in the stock, if using. Fold the cheese sauce and tarragon into the rice until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper before spooning the rice mixture into the pepper shells.
Cook in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the peppers have softened slightly and the rice mixture is piping hot. Scatter with cheese, sprinkle with pepper and slide under a hot grill for a couple of minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.