By Jane Curran
Our rib of beef with baked horseradish allows the beautiful meat to shine. We’ve not messed around with the beef, but have paired it with a baked horseradish stuffing, adding a fiery kick that cuts through the rich meat so well. Two key factors to making this dish truly stunning are the quality of the meat, and allowing the meat to rest. Local, good quality meat with have a taste and texture that is far superior to a lower quality options. And allowing the beef to rest before serving means that the meat will be much more tender, and not lose as much of the juices when you slice into it. Rib of beef with horseradish is a stunning and luxurious centrepiece, perfect for dinner parties of a Christmas dinner.
HOW TO MAKE RIB OF BEEF WITH BAKED HORSERADISH
- 2kg piece boned and rolled rib of beef
- a little oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 100g fresh horseradish
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 120g breadcrumbs
- 5 eggs, beaten
- Season the beef, then heat a little oil in a frying pan or, better still, use a roasting tin on the hob if you can. Put the onions and carrots into the centre of the tin and sit the beef on it.
- Heat the oven to 240C, and roast the beef for 20 minutes, then turn down the oven to 180C, and roast for 1 hour. This will give you medium-rare beef, but it’s always worth checking with a meat thermometer to be sure.
- While the beef is in the oven, coarsely grate the horseradish and mix in the lemon at once, as it oxidises very quickly. Add the nutmeg, breadcrumbs, eggs and plenty of seasoning.
- Put the horseradish mix into a shallow, buttered ovenproof dish and cook at 180C , for 45 mins. If it’s browning, cover with foil.
- After cooking, allow the beef to rest for 15 minutes before serving with the stuffing.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since 'Bennifer' reunion
New of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
This celebrity-favorite brand is having a secret sale you need to shop now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on rag & bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •